CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

We celebrated our first Valentine's Day as parents yesterday...by going to a basketball game. Ha. With Ben being a coach, and games rescheduled because of the huge snow last week, we were at the gym and then ordered pizza afterwards (at like 10pm) for dinner.

Normally, I would have been disappointed by this scenario. Luckily, I've gotten used to realizing there are going to be times when we are just going to be at the gym (together) or I can stay home (alone). It used to bother me, but being a teacher (even though I'm not a coach) there are things you need to do and sometimes "have" to do for your "kids". Being a coach, if a game is rescheduled, you can't just let the kids play without you and not show because it's Valentine's Day. Ha...that would be terrible.

It worked out pretty good since it was one of the last home games and we haven't taken Aidyn out yet, except to Amigos for dinner one night. :) There were quite a few people but not TONS like the usual packed crowds since it wasn't a huge rival game and a holiday. I looked all over the stores for a Valentine's Day shirt or something red for Aidyn and couldn't find a thing...just girls! I've been told to get used to that. Luckily our friends John and Lori (whose son Cole is a little over a year old) have given us TONS of stuff! One of the shirts they gave us is dark red, or maroon, and says "Lock Up Your Daughters!". hehe I figured that would work for Valentine's Day. :)


Aidyn had a GREAT time at his first basketball game. We took him in with him still in his car seat carrier. Since he was asleep we decided to just leave him. I unbuckled him but left him in there. Didn't want to wake him up if not necessary. He NEVER STIRRED...not even once!!!! I knew he was a sound sleeper but didn't realize how much. With the warm up music, buzzers, whistles, etc...nothing. I guess this is a good thing since he'll be attending many a basketball game during his lifetime, so I hope his sound sleeping continues. He ended up staying in his carrier even though he looked all squished since he never woke up, and he finally began waking up as we left - dinner time!

Valentine's Day was great and even though I've never been "crazy" about the holiday, I have enjoyed doing things with Ben, getting flowers, etc. But now that we have Aidyn it kinda puts things in perspective I guess. I would much rather, and I think most women would agree, receive flowers ANY day of the year besides Valentine's Day because that really makes them special. However, I totally LOVE my 2 bouquet of tulips that Ben got me. Tulips are my absolute favorite flower! We had them in our wedding and my parents just helped me plant over 100 in front of our house. (Well, they actually planted them FOR me.) I wasn't home when they did it. I can't wait for them to start blooming!

Ben also got me a new Vera Bradley diaper bag which I love...I got him a coffee grinder - romantic, huh? Ha I felt bad for not spending more on him, but I couldn't think of anything. His coffee grinder had just died and he HAS to have his coffee, plus - I haven't quite been able to just go out shopping for much lately. :) I don't think he minded.



Aren't they beautiful! I just wish you could save and dry tulips like you can roses. He bought them at Walmart - they have the best flowers sometimes! I actually think he has bought my flowers that last couple of times from Walmart - I love it, haha.

0 comments: