CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pre-Party Pictures

Since we have TONS of pictures thanks to my wonderful camera, my mom, and our photographer (Jill), I decided to do a few different posts of Aidyn's birthday each with a different "theme". So...here are a few non-party pictures before everything began.

Aidyn's cupcake compared to a "normal" size cupcake. I looked EVERYWHERE for a large cupcake mold or pan and finally found one at Michael's Craft store. It was pretty pricey, but totally worth every penny! The top and bottom were two seperate pieces. We had to sit the top part (triangular shaped) on the bottom portion. I promise that is not all icing on top, haha. It was shaped that way. :)

Since Aidyn doesn't really eat sweets, I did a white cake and white icing. Still sugar I know, but just wasn't chocolate. We used food coloring to make all the icing, for his cupcake and the others, match his party decor.


It worked out perfect that Aidyn was able to take a 2-1/2 hour nap and wake up 30 minutes before his party was to begin. When he came downstairs and saw the balloons, streamers, etc., he went nuts! He was walking circles from room to room, looking up at everything, and talking his head off! He was so excited and he didn't even know what was coming. ;)

Cupcake "tower" my mom bought. She came over the nights before and was going to "help" me icing all the cupcakes...I made 48. She ended up doing them all by herself while I played and entertained Aidyn. Thanks, Mom!

Ben's mom brought a large punch bowl (with green punch) that we sat on the end beside the cupcakes. Thanks, Leeann!


We borrowed my grandmother's cake decorating tips to do the icing. It was SO HARD! I don't know how people do it. I got frustrated very easily, luckily my mom didn't. :)


I also had balloons up outside the house, but unforunately they blew away at some point. Oh well. By the end of the party, my carpets were also decorated with blue icing (thanks to Aidyn). I didn't manage to get pictures of that though. And yes, we did get it out, thank goodness. :)

0 comments: