CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 18, 2010

Sleepy Head

When Aidyn was younger my dad said, "I remember telling your mom...Ben and Whitney better start getting used to no sleep now that they've got a baby. But I was wrong. Somehow you guys converted him to 'your side'".


*I love it when I got to wake him up and he's sleeping with his butt up in the air...still, at 11 months old. So cute!

My dad was right. Ben and I are extremely lucky! We love to sleep...and lucky for us, so does Aidyn! He didn't start sleeping all night until he was about 9 months old (Halloween). He would still wake up atleast once during the night. However, luckily, since Halloween we've only had a few days here or there that he's woke up in the middle of the night.


And just the same, he loves to take naps. He doesn't nap quite as well (or regularly) when we aren't home or if he's at the babysitter's. But, if we're at home, you can pretty much count on a 3hr nap during the early morning and sometimes in the later afternoon. I realize that's a lot of sleeping in addition to sleeping all night. Sometimes we won't let him sleep that long in the late afternoon/early evening. However, when he's cranky and wants a nap...I atleast let him sleep an hour or a little longer.


Like I said, we're just lucky...and I hope our luck doesn't run out anytime soon. ;)

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Umm, maybe he can give Laurel some lessons ;) But seriously, you are very fortunate!