CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Snow Days

Last year, when I was already on maternity leave (and Aidyn was a week or two old), I realized while sitting in a restaurant that students and teachers are the only people that see snow and thing, "Hmmm, wonder if it'll actually amount to anything? Maybe we'll get a delay or be out tomorrow, that'd be nice."

Ben and I were eating at Applebees and it was pouring the snow outside. We were discussing snow schedules and whether or not he'd be out of school the next day when it hit me...no other profession does snow impact (as far as them being "off") for the day. The rest of the world sees snow and probably thinks, "Great. I'll have to get up extra early tomorrow if I plan to being on time to work." But not teachers...or students.

But anyways. The system I teach in NEVER has snow days, so this year we were only given one. And wouldn't you know, we've already been out twice for snow...and it isn't even February, March, or even April yet. Ben had 2 weeks worth of snowdays with his system.

We enjoyed those days at home playing with Aidyn. Here are just a few pics...such a sweetheart!




There are times that I miss "routine", my work friends, and yes..sometimes work. But there are MANY more days that I just miss staying at home in my PJs all day and hanging out with Aidyn.

0 comments: