CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 31, 2009

Big Boy Bath

I was talking to a friend from church on Sunday (we were actually at their house for our youth meeting) and telling her how we were planning on putting Aidyn into the actual tub for his bath that evening instead of his tub in the real tub.

We've been using his baby tub, but placing it in the actually bathtub because of the amount of water he likes to kick and splash. She was telling me about a "bath ring" that she had if we wanted to borrow it and use it. I remember using the same sort of thing when my brother and younger cousins were small. I said sure!

It's a little seat with suction cups on the bottom so stick to the tub. Then just 3 little "legs" that serve as the leg seperators...if that makes any sense. Aidyn REALLY seemed to love this! We filled the tub up with about 2-3 inches of water and then put him in. We left the water running to fill up at little more and he sat and played with the running water until we finally turned it off.

I knew if we kept letting it run, the ring would not do it's job and he'd topple over.
He loved his "big boy" bath! After I cleaned him all up and let him play, I picked up and had Ben take out the ring. Next, I just let him sit in the tub of water and play. He splashed and had a great time. He only fell over once that he actually got his face into the water. He couldn't figure out why his darn toys kept floating too far away...so when he'd reach for them, he'd fall over.

I don't think I'll be sitting him in the tub without the ring for a while, unless ofcourse we're sitting there like lastnight. But...he definately enjoyed his new bath.

I can't wait to take him swimming and to the beach and lake next summer! I know he's definately going to love it!

0 comments: