CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Baby Shower #1

My wonderful friends at school (where I teach) threw me my first baby shower yesterday afternoon. We were in the school library, which you may be able to tell from some of the pictures. It was "Turkey Trot" day, so you will see lots of us in our Turkey Trot shirts. I started to take a different shirt to change into so I would be "cute" in the pictures, ha, but changed my mind. Any time I get permission to wear a tshirt to work, I'm taking advantage - especially these days when hardly anything else fits. :) The Turkey Trot is a 5k road race in Johnson City on Thanksgiving Morning. Our school always participates, and I always drag Ben along with me. This year he actually ran the race in 24 minutes. I walked it in an hour. Ha.

The shower was so much fun! The table decorations were a pack of baby wipes with diapers tied on top with blue ribbon that said "It's a boy!". Very cute. They had red velvet cake (my fav!), and I got lots of awesome gifts! Some of my friends that I worked with at Mountain View also came. It was great to see them again! Baby Aidyn is very lucky to have a mom that works with so many loving and wonderful people!!!

Here I am getting ready to get started. I HATE being the center of attention... except in my classroom, ha.

Below is the pack and play some of my friends bought me. I was so shocked and excited! Can you tell by my reaction?


Here are some of my lovely friends from school that bought the pack and play and helped put the shower together. I am a little weird about people touching my stomach all the time. They thought it would be funny to all reach down like they were going to...

I wish I had a picture of all the awesome things we got. It was a wonderful shower and I am so thankful for everything and everyone that I work with.

0 comments: