CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Clampetts are moving in!

I told my mom today that our neighbors must get really excited when they see moving trucks or furniture delivery guys show up at our house. I know they must think, "Great! We are going to be entertained sometime in the next week or two!"
Ben says we probably look like the Clampetts from the Beverly Hillbillies.

In Sept. 07 when we moved in, most of our furniture for the upstairs had to go up a ladder and through our upstairs windows. When we bought our king size mattress and box springs in October, we assumed it would too. WRONG! Neither would go up the stairs and the mattress wouldn't even go through a window. Much to our parents' dismay, we had to take out the stair spindels that were original to the house. It was built in like 1902-1904; I can't remember exactly.

We never replaced them because we knew we would need to get our new bedroom suite up the stairs also. Well, woudln't you know that even with an open stairwell, our new dresser still wouldn't go up and it was definately too big to just slide up a ladder.

We ended up having to borrow a manual "lift" from where my mom works. My dad literally had to hand crank it with this handle, ha. It was pretty scary looking. Here it is in the back of my dad's old pick-up truck:

I am putting pictures, and hopefully a video, if I can get it to work in a second posting of the eventful morning we had today. But luckily, in the end, we got our dresser in our bedroom. We have decided that we literally cannot ever move because EVERYTHING will either have to be taken out the upstairs windows, or sold with the house.

0 comments: