CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 12, 2008

Baby Shower #3

Today I had a very special baby shower. My 3rd and 4th graders got together (with their parents ofcourse) and threw me a baby shower. It was very sweet. The plans have been in the making for a couple weeks now, and ofcourse I've had to act like I had no idea what was going on.

It wouldn't have been so bad had they not all been passing around a card (in the middle of class!) yesterday trying to get everyone to sign it, ha. I finally had to threaten them by telling one student, "If you don't put whatever you're playing with away, I'm going to have to take it and throw it in the trash." Luckily, that worked. We were reviewing for a science test and here they were all trying to be sneaky. I hated to be mean, ha.

But anyhow, it was all with good intentions. We ended up having cookie cake, chips and cheetos, ice cream, and juice drinks. They had a blast and even sang "Happy Baby Day" to me. Ha... just take "Happy Birthday Day" and change the second word. They thought they were halarious and got a real kick out of themselves. :)


They all sent in money to get me a gift and were able to get me two giftcards to Baby-R-Us. It was a very nice time, and I really appreciate all the work and effort the parents put into it.

My 4th Grade Homeroom:


My 3rd Graders for Reading/Grammar:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet!! Aren't students just so thoughtful?!? I know that meant a lot to you!!! :)