CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Day 2008

After climbing in bed around 1am, we (or I guess I should say Ben) got back up around 8:00am Christmas morning. I was up about 3-4 extra times in the night to relieve my bladder, ha.

We started out the morning by seeing what Santa brought in our stockings and exchanging gifts with each other. I got Ben a DVD/VCR recorder and he got me some shoes and a new comforter for our bed. We didn't get each other much since we just bought new bedroom furniture about a month ago. I was excited to wash the comforter and get it on our bed. It's the same as our other one, just this new one is king to fit our new bed. I rushed it into the laundry room to wash it before putting it on the bed and wouldn't you know it won't fit! Everything we purchase seems to "not fit" where we need it to. Unfortunately, taking the comforter up through a window, like our furniture, will not make it "fit" into the washer any better. :(

Next we headed back to Ben's parents' for his Mom's family Christmas. There we exchanged gifts and ate lunch - turkey, potatoes, corn, green beens...you name it. Ben and I received our stroller we registered for. We'll need this one when Aidyn out-grows the infant one our friends gave us. Ben was excited about the stroller because it was what he had picked out. It's kinda like a jogging stroller (becacuse I'm sure he'll get lots of jogging in with Aidyn, ha)... but his favorite part is the handle. Up in the handle is a speaker and iPod dock. Yes, you heard me right. Ben can plug in his iPod and listen to music while pushing Aidyn wherever he needs to go. :)

After finishing up lunch, we headed back to our house so I could finish (actually start) my brother's Christmas gift. I made my family fleece blankets this year and hadn't even started on my brother's yet. We were supposed to be at my parents' by 3pm. I finished the blanket and wrapped it up by 2:30pm, and we headed back to Johnson City.

When we got to mom and dad's first thing was first... I had to give my 4-legged son, Malachi, his Christmas gift (and my 4-legged nephew, Peanut). Apparently Santa brought them both a huge raw-hide bone, and Malachi wanted nothing to do with his. Peanut ate most of his and buried the rest for later. When we went to take Malachi's, because clearly he didn't want it, they almost had a fight. Just like kids! He didn't want it, but he sure didn't want anyone else to have it.
I took them both a different kind of chew bone and they both went to town. If Peanut (my brother's dog) didn't get sick later, I'm surprised. He ate all of his! Malachi ate most of his and buried it for later under the porch (where he buries all of his bones).

At mom and dad's we got our rocking chair/glider we registered for. My brother and I were going to go see the movie "Marley and Me", but we were running and short on time and his girlfriend was on her way over. Maybe another day soon. The glider chair is very comfortable! Ben and my dad put it together yesterday and Ben spent lastnight sitting it in (smiling from ear to ear) while watching football. The chair is for Aidyn's room, but now Ben thinks we may need to get another for downstairs. :)

We finished up our Christmas "week" by going out with our friends John and Lori (and their kids, Ava and Cole) lastnight. We went to eat dinner at Outback and had a great time. Ben's family had gotten them an Outback gift card, and they had gotten us an Outback giftcard. Ha! Go figure! Silly thing is no one knew until we got there and were eating and decided to go ahead and exchange gifts, ha. It was great and worked out perfectly I guess. :) A nice meal to end a hectic week, yet fun, week!

0 comments: