CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 16, 2009

6wk Post-Op Check-Up

Last Wednesday I went for my 6wk post-partum doctor visit.

My appointment was first thing in the morning, which I meant I got up at 5:30am with Aidyn and stayed up. Normally, I go back to bed at this time until Aidyn's next feeding at 8:30am. After feeding and pumping at both feedings, I usually go BACK to bed once more until 11-11:30 for his lunch time feeding (unless I wake up sooner). The first time I did this I felt like I was being lazy...but after calculating my total hours of sleep, I didn't feel lazy anymore.

With Aidyn on a 3hr schedule...I must feed him, change his diaper, pump, fix his next bottle, and clean the pumping pieces before going back to bed. This means that within his 3hr routine, I usually get between 1 and 1 1/2 hr of sleep. If I make it to bed by midnight, this means that by 11:30am the next day, I've actually only slept like 4-7 hours total. I don't think that's too lazy.

So anyways. After waiting at the dr office for probably 30-45 minutes, I finally got to see the dr. I was going on only about 3-4 hours of sleep since and was exhauted. While waiting on the dr, I started to lay back on the exam table but was afraid I would fall asleep, haha.

The appointment went well. I only need to lose 3-4 more pounds to be back to my pre-prego weight and my dr said that everything looked good and my stitches from the episiotomy are healing well. We talked about different birth control options which I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of now. After deciding on an option, I hopefully won't be going back for the OB appointments for a quite a while. :)

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad to hear that you got a good report at the doctor's office. I've got my appointment in the morning.

I don't know if you realize this or not, but you only have to clean the pump pieces once every 12 hours according to www.kellymom.com. Between the other pumpings, just rinse them out and stick them in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for the next feeding. That might save you a little bit of time.