CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

First Family "Trip"

This past weekend we took Aidyn for his first "Family Trip".

In order to take Aidyn with us on this trip, we knew that we would need a hotel room...even though Pigeon Forge is only a short car ride from our house (about 2 hrs). And since I have to pump in order for him to eat, this was also another reason we needed a hotel.

We got lucky by finding a hotel right across the street from the shopping center and they let us check in as soon as we got into town (about 10:30am). We got up early Friday morning and while I took a shower Ben fed Aidyn. Then while Ben got himself and Aidyn ready I pumped so we could leave. Luckily, we made it to the hotel right when it was time for Aidyn to eat again. We checked in, got into our room, and once again Ben fed him while I pumped. Our room was nice with 2 queen beds, a mini-fridge, and even our own personal balcony on the back over looking a nice field with horses...and Damon's restaurant up on the hill, haha. The room worked out great. We needed the fridge to store the milk I was pumping. We slept in one bed and put Aidyn on the other.

Originally we were going to take his pack-n-play, but for just one night, Ben didn't want to bother with it. At first I wasn't sure about that decision, but it really worked out better. Instead of the pack-n-play, we took the blanket and pillow out of Aidyn's crib with us that he normally sleeps on. We put the blanket on the 2nd queen bed (in the middle) and laid him on it with his pillow. He actually slept GREAT! Not through the night, but good enough. :)

So we didn't go far, but it did require planning and a hotel room. I have been wanting to go to the Tanger Outlet Shopping Center in Pigeon Forge (about 2 hrs from our house). I knew they would be putting their winter clothes on clearance and for once I wasn't wanting to shop for me. :) Although, I did end up with a pair of jeans, nike shoes, and a t-shirt polo dress.

Before I started teaching, all I ever worse were jeans and tshirts. Since teaching, where jeans aren't allowed, I only have one pair. It's sad, I know. :( But my one pair of jeans do not fit anymore thanks to my post-pregnancy belly and my favorite pair of athletic shoes are falling apart. I know I'll still wear them, but I was definately in need of some new ones.

Anyhow...Ben got a couple things as well, but the trip was to "stock up" on winter clothes for Aidyn next year. Now, both of our parents said, "DO NOT buy him clothes NOW for next year. You have no idea what size he'll be in and they may be too small!"

We didn't listen and here is our rationale for buying 12 MONTH items:

Aidyn will be 12 months (or 1 yr old) at the end of January. Even if he ends up in 12 month stuff say 3 months early...that is still end of October. Everyone knows that it's cool and sometimes down right cold in October. It also continues to be cool/cold through March and April. So the way we see it, we are "safe" in our purchases.

The hotel worked out great because we were able to shop for an hour or two, go back to the hotel to pump and feed him, and then return to shop some more. We actually only shopped twice. Once in the morning after we got there (around lunch) and then again in the evening (around dinner). Inbetween those two trips we hung out at the hotel, took a nap, and watched the ETSU Buccaneers play in the sweet 16. Even though they played GREAT...they were the 16th team and had to play the 1st team. The game was close, but they ended up losing by ten.

We found TONS of great deals for Aidyn...too many actually. :) But he will definately NOT need anymore winter clothes except for maybe a few pants. We bought mostly shirts, sweaters, and sweatshirts. I'll post pictures later of our excellent purchases!

I took my camera so I could take his picture on his first family trip, of our nice balcony view, and other "firsts" for Aidyn...but I left the camera in the car and kept forgetting to bring it into the room. That is until we were packing up to leave Saturday morning and I found it in the diaper bag where apparently I had put it "so I wouldn't forget"! Ugh!!!!

0 comments: