CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

10 days and counting...

Wow - 10 days! It seems impossible to think that in 2 weeks (hopefully) our lives will be forever changed! Unless ofcourse Aidyn decides to hang on a little while and the doctors don't schedule me an induction until the 41st week...ugh. I hope that isn't the case.

It seems like everywhere I go and everyone I see lately wants to know "How much longer?" When I tell them 2 weeks they seem to take it as their cue to tell me how to make him come now. I know it's all with good intentions, and Ben keeps trying to remind me, "They're just excited for you Whitney...calm down, geez." But I think I'm at the point now to where I know when Aidyn is ready, and God knows it's the right time, things will happen accordingly. Yes, I'm totally ready and excited. Yes, I'm trying to do some things to help speed up the process, kinda (ha), but after like the millionth time hearing something to try - it gets old. I don't want to sound ungratelful or unappreciative of people's geniune advice and care, so I just try to smile and say "ok".

I've been doing squats (recommended by a friend at work - thanks Kim), taking Evening Primrose Oil vitamins (recommended by a friend at church - thanks Sarah), and eating grapes (recommended by Ben's grandmother), ha. I'm not real crazy about food suggestions, but I like grapes, so what can it hurt? If nothing else it's a natural, healthy fruit that's always beneficial for anyone to eat.

I haven't had any signs of labor such as "real" contractions or back pain other than just being really uncomfortable at night. But once I'm able to settle down and get to sleep - I always feel better in the morning, unfortunately. ;) We go back to the dr on Friday (just 3 days) and that will be exactly 1 wk until our due date. So, I'm hoping between squats, grapes, and EPO vitamins, we'll be told something good. I think if I hear that I'm still 1cm (like I was Jan.2)... I may cry, ha. So... let's all keep our fingers crossed that things are moving along by the time we get to the dr. Even if they say I'm just 2cm, at least that's progress.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha. I always got SO upset when people gave me friendly "advice" on how to speed up the labor process. I remember getting so angry and crying to my mom over the phone that I wanted everyone to just shut up because its not like I wanted this child in my belly any more than the next person. I was ready to have Sophie a month before she was due!! So, of course, I was a week past my due date when I had her. Babies will come in their own time and they are usually healthier that way.