CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ben's Birthday

Ben is disappointed he didn't get his birthday wish today...Aidyn being born. He has reminded me that we still have a few hours left if I would like to do some laps around the block (in 25 degree wind and snow) or do some squats (as suggested by a friend of mine from work). No thanks. :)

I feel more than ready for Aidyn to be here whenever he decides, but I'm not big on the idea of walking in the snow and freezing wind to make it come quicker, ha. Not yet anyways...ask me next week if nothing new has happened.

Since he didn't get his wish, I got him a couple other things for his birthday. Once of the things I got was a picture frame. At the top it said "Son", then had a place to put a picture, and at the bottom this poem (sorry it's hard to read):

The poem says...
"Just think, your son is not here just by chance, but by God's choosing. His hands formed him and made him the person he is. God compares him to no one else...he is one of a kind. Your son will lack nothing that God's grace can't give him. God has allowed your son to be here at this time in history to fulfill His special purpose for this generation."

I thought this was very neat, especially since we hadn't planned on Aidyn...but God had. :) I told Ben once he is born, we will put their picture in the frame.

We also had our 37wk appointment today with the doctor. They were only planning on listening to the heart and measuring my stomach, but asked if I would like to be examined again. Trying to be optomistic for good news, I said yes. Unfortunately, no new changes have taken place. I am still only 1cm. :( We still have 23 days, but after last week's news of 1cm and Aidyn turning head down into the correct position, we were hoping for maybe atleast another cm. Oh well, there's still plenty of time.

We go back next Wednesday for my 38wk checkup. Hopefully we'll receive good news there if nothing happens between now and then.

Since today is a Wednesday, we still had our weekly youth group meeting at our house this evening. I made Ben's birthday cake lastnight and decorated it today. I attempted to write with icing on the cake, ha, good thing I don't secretly want to be a cake decorator. I also placed 26 candles that we made him blow out. :)


Here he is AFTER blowing out his candles. He got ready to blow them out and I yelled, "Wait!". He did, for like a second, and by the time my camera flashed, only smoke was left. Ugh!

0 comments: