CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Maternity Leave

Well, I'm "officially" on maternity leave as of yesterday, January 5th. Everyone keeps telling me how lucky I am to just sit at home, ha... but I hate just sitting at home. Our house is clean (really clean!) since we cleaned it for our shower Saturday, all the laundry is done (mostly), and the baby's room is ready with all of his clothes neatly folded and put away or hung in his closet. I have finished all of my thank you cards and will be mailing them out soon and have even baked a birthday cake for Ben - tomorrow is his birthday. The big 26!

I have tried finding some really great books to read - any suggestions? I've read Marley and Me, the John and Kate+8 book, and tried reading Twilight twice. Yes, tried. For whatever reason I just can't seem to get into it, which really frustrates me because I hear it really is a great book! I need to find a really good series (like Harry Potter, ha) that has plenty of books to keep me busy. I have a gift card to Mr.Ks Used Books and two to Books-A-Million, so I think I may go searching on Thursday after my appointment with Aidyn's pediatrician.

I was told that the doctors like you to have a "pre-appointment" before the baby is born. Luckily for me I get to meet with Aidyn's at 8am!!! Yuck! That is one thing I DO love about being at home... sleeping in! And even though I get to "sleep in", usually until about 9 or 9:30, when you wake up 3 times in the night to use the bathroom or because your back hurts and you have to reposition yourself, haha... I wouldn't really count that as sleeping in. More like - just trying to get some sleep. :)

We go back to the doctor tomorrow for my 37 wk appointment. Since I was dilated 1cm last week, I'm really hoping I'm further tomorrow, but I still have 23 days so I know I may not be. It's getting harder to sleep at night and my back has been hurting more lately. Nothing regular or unbearable, just sore. I borrowed my dad's back massager and that helps a lot! It's like a little chair seat that you sit on the coach and has 3 settings - lower back, middle, and top/neck. I've placed in on my rocking chair/glider and turn it on. aaaa, relief! :) Ben laughs because it is kinda loud and sounds like the whole house is vibrating.

Well - I'm up for any good book suggestions, so PLEASE leave a comment with any great books you've just finished up and I'll go check them out soon!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Too bad you haven't gotten into the Twilight series. I loved them! Have you ever read any of Gregory Maguire's books? He's the guy who wrote Wicked. They are all kind of weird spins on classic children's stories. I have all of them if you want to borrow any. I'd suggest trying Wicked first because there are three books in that series. His other books are stand-alone stories.

If you like mystery and investigative-type books, James Patterson has the Alex Cross series and the Women's Murder Club series. I've enjoyed all of those books and they are pretty quick reads.