CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 12, 2009

Sleep... what sleep?

So lastnight was pretty much a "waste", if you can say that about sleeping. I may have slept a solid hour between 11:30ish and 6 this morning, I'm not sure. I tossed and turned unable to get comfortable and then when I finally would fall asleep, I would either wake up burning up or having to pee. Go figure.

I usually get up about every 2-3 hours and Ben normally sleeps right through it all. Not lastnight. He didn't sleep either. I would hear him start snoring and think, "Oh good, well atleast he's asleep now." But that never lasted long either. I felt bad for him since he had to actually get up and go to work this morning. Atleast I knew for myself, I could take a nap later if I wanted.

When his alarm went off 6am this morning, it was almost like a blessing. (Not for him I'm sure). But I went ahead and got up, used the bathroom once more... even though I think I had just laid back down from the bathroom not 20 minutes earlier, and headed downstairs. Sometimes I wake up hungry at night but would rather go back to sleep then "trek" downstairs and find something to eat. Plus, I figure by the time I do that I'll really be awake - and I'd rather sleep, if I can. :) So anyways, when his alarm went off this morning I got up and went downstairs to get some breakfast. Before doing that though, I thought it would be nice to fix his coffee and some breakfast. Ben usually gets the coffee ready the night before and just sets it to come on in the morning. He forgot lastnight, and with the lack of sleep I knew he'd be fighting this morning, I went ahead and started some for him. He also likes to eat muffins every morning for breakfast... which we had run out of. I had planned on making more this afternoon, but since I was up at 6am and wide awake at that, I thought - what the heck, I'll just make them now.

So on a day that I would normally be sleeping in, I was up at 6am making coffee, 2 pans of mini-muffins (which yields 48 total), eating cheerios for myself, and cleaning. I decided to get as much cleaning and straightening up done while I was up so that when I finally got tired, I could lay down and just sleep without worrying about Ben coming home and finding me asleep on the couch and the house a mess. :) With that being said, I was able to clean the kitchen, vacuum the rugs in the house, put laundry away, and straigten some things up before I started feeling tired. About 9am I closed the curtains in the living room and decided to lay down. Luckily, I was able to sleep until about 12-12:30 this afternoon. Ben has a basketball game tonight in Greeneville (about 30 min from here). The team will leave around 5:30 and be home around 9pm. So I plan on him coming home from school and just crashing or he'll be exhausted I know.

Hopefully we'll have better luck tonight. If not, I probably won't wait the entire night like lastnight. If tonight's the same, I figure I'll be heading to the couch downstairs and hopefully not keep Ben awake as well.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had such a tough night! Think of it as practice for the sleepless nights ahead. Love You. Mom