CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Baby Shower #5

We just had our last baby shower for Aidyn. We decided to have one last shower for family and friends at our house this past Saturday, January 3rd. My mom suggested having the shower at our house since so many people have been wanting to see the progress and changes we've made, and PLUS it would be easier than having to pack up all the gifts, bring them home, and unload everything. GREAT idea that I suggest to anyone planning a shower for friends and family. Everyone else also enjoyed coming to the house because they got to see Aidyn's room.

For those of you that might not know, Ben and I bought this house in Oct. 2006 and had to completely renovate the entire thing including electrical, plumbing, re-drywall all the walls, you name it, we (or our parents, ha) pretty much did it all. So we've still got some things to work on and finish up, but who doesn't?

We had a great baby shower and received a lot of wonderful things we were still needing for Aidyn. I have posted some pictures below of the afternoon.

People eating up at the wonderful "buffett" of chicken salad sandwiches, quesadillas, fruit, veggies, cheesecake, peanut butter pie, cookies, fudge, and much more...yum!

Here my grandmother, aunt, other grandmother, and cousin are enjoying the food and delcious punch before the "party" got started, ha.

Bath time numbers and letters! Poor Aidyn doesn't have a hope...
with a reading teacher as a mom and math teacher as a dad, he's destined to live a rough life, ha. Not to mention his dad also being a football and basketball coach. But luckily, we can start practing those numbers and letters soon. :)

Pacifier thermometer - what a great invention!
It's just like a regular pacifier except there is a little screen on the front that gives you a digital reading of the baby's temperature.

One-of-a-kind, Blue Devils play mat.
My mom made this "rug" or mat for Aidyn to play on. It's supposed to be a replica of the Blue Devils football stadium with the different sections of fans. After opening it, she took it back, ha... to finish. She had Ben draw out a football play so that she could go home and put the players on the field. She is using pictures of Ben from when he played football as the players and pictures of me in a cheerleading costume from Halloween as the cheerleaders. She is so creative!


Our baby swing that I know will come in handy!




After everyone left, we sat around and talked with some of our friends. I was so lucky to have my friend Aimee in town from Nashville and my two friends Heather and Joni also at the shower. They live in Johnson City but it seems like we only get to see each other once a year. It was nice to just sit and relax and chat a while. You can see Heather's little boy in the picture too. He's a cutie!
(Joni, Heather, me, Ben, and Drake)

After everyone left, my mom tried getting some "pregnancy pictures" as she calls them. She loves taking photos and having people pose to get the "right light" and angles. :) We took several photos of me looking out Aidyn's bedroom window, but I liked this one the best. It's kinda hard to see because of the light, but I think it turned out pretty good.

Then it was time for one last photo, mom and dad (to be).
Ben hates pictures, but we got a pretty good one. Then my mom had to say, "Now, turn and look into each other's eyes like you really love each other." Ofcourse Ben and I lost it laughing and he just started walking away.

0 comments: