CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 25, 2009

Are you serious?!?!?!

Tonight was Fall Festival at my school. All teachers are asked to work one 45min-1hr shift to help out with all of the games, ticket booths, food, etc. Luckily, I was able to sign up before all of the early shifts were taken.

However, since I had to work 5:30-6:30pm, I stayed at school and was able to get LOTS of copying done. I actually got all of my Friday practice TCAP sheets for the year copied, all of my daily morning morning until Christmas copied, and all of that filed away. Yaaaay! I feel so much better. :)

Unfortunately, by the time I finished my shift, went to my parents' for dinner and to pick up Aidyn, and made it home...I was blocked out of my driveway! Yes, totally blocked!

We live right below the football stadium in our town and each Friday lots of people use our driveway for parking. Not a big deal, we don't mind AT ALL. It's always the same people (friends & family). The only difference is...I'm usually already home, so a driveway full of cars doesn't bother me.

By the time I got home tonight, the road infront of my house was packed from one end of the street to the other...I figured it would be. Tonight was Homecoming. I also was afraid my driveway might be full...people not realizing I wasn't home and pulling on in and parking.

What I didn't anticipate was that my driveway would be ALMOST totally empty (I guess because they were calling for flash floods, haha, no one wanted to go to the game tonight).

My practically empty driveway...look at all that space!


So, an ALMOST empty driveway and then ONE car parked at the bottom, the bottom. Did you hear that...t h e b o t t o m ! ! !

So here I was, sleeping baby in the backseat, no place to park on the road in front, and no access to my driveway. What the heck was I supposed to do?

Luckily, I guess, I recognized the car. It belonged to a girl that used to attend our youth group. A very nice girl, haha...just not sure what her thought process was tonight. While driving around texting different girls trying to get ahold of her, Aidyn ended up waking up, and luckily it wasn't raining.

I ended up being able to squeeeeeze in behind her with only a portion of my tailend hanging out the end and walked up the driveway with Aidyn in the carseat still and all our things. Gooooood thing it wasn't raining.



I was finally able to get ahold of someone to move the car...after Aidyn and I were inside. I was feeding him and getting him ready for bed, and now I was the one blocking someone. Oh well. Luckily they weren't ready to leave yet so it wasn't a big deal. After the Homecoming halftime show, peope left. I was able to move my car and park on the road close to our house.

I TOTALLY don't mind people using our driveway at aaaaaaaaaaall...I don't even think I would've been too pissed off had the driveway been packed. However, to pull up to an empty driveway with one car at the bottom...argh!

*Now that I've calmed down, haha (you're probably thinking, yeah right!) I appreciate you allowing me to vent. I was so frustrated, at the time, that I even took pictures. I'm totally ridiculous I know, you don't have to tell me. ;)

1 comments:

Sarah said...

I saw that last night (we parked on the street). I told Tim I would be really pissed if I were you! Sorry you had to deal with that after such a long day at work.