CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Messy, Messy

I've been working with Aidyn more and more on learning to use a sippy cup. I normally just a put a few ounces of water in and let him "play" with it throughout the day. Sometimes, I'll also add an ounce of apple juice.

He still tips the cup up and bites the "spout", but he has figured out that by doing so liquid comes out. So....I guess we're getting somewhere. Unfortunately, I think most of it normally ends up running down his chin instead of in his mouth.

We've also started giving him teething biscuits. I've "experimented" with different ones and so far his favorite are the Gerber ones.


"Mmmm...this is soooo good!"


The first several times, he wasn't sure what to do - whether it be the cookie, a rice cake, or other teething "biscuit". However, the other day...he went to town on one! So much so that we had a mess EVERYWHERE! Needless to say, he was enjoying it!



Unforunately, I was not watching his every move and when I looked down, he had bitten a huge chunk off and it was in his mouth! Talk about a heart attack! I NEVER, EVER leave him with anything like that, but since he'd never really been a fan of them, not to mention not actually trying to eat it, I wasn't too concerned. I assumed he would knaw on it a few minutes and then throw it to the side like usual. WRONG!


He since has done the same thing to his rice cakes and other cookies. I know they're made for "crawlers" and not all crawlers have teeth...but now I'm totally afraid to even give them to him. Seems like every time I turn around he's bitten a big piece off and he's trying to actually eat it. They're made to "dissolve" fairly easy...but I'm not to trust worthy of that, yet.

0 comments: