CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sniffles and Coughs

Last Thursday, Aidyn began having a runny nose. Wednesday was when he cut his tooth (or when we noticed) and so we weren't sure if the runny nose was part of teething or not. By Saturday, it had turned into a terrible runny nose, congestion, and coughing like crazy when he'd lay down to try and sleep.

I was up with him from 3-4:30am Saturday night/Sunday morning. The minute I'd lay him in his bed (which is flat), he'd start coughing and wake himself up. As long as I held him (with head elevated ofcourse) he'd sleep fine. I was exhausted!

Needless to say, by the time morning rolled around and time for church, he was still sleeping. I almost NEVER wake him when he's sleeping...and after the night we'd had, I definately wasn't waking him then. He and I ended up staying home all day Sunday. No morning church, no Sunday lunch, and no evening church. He would actually play for a few minutes, but then revert back to sitting on mine or Ben's laps and watching football.

Since he didn't feel well Sunday, but it was the first day in almost 2-3 weeks it wasn't raining (literally!!!)...I decided to take him for a walk since he loves to be outside. Here's a quick shot of him all bundled up ready for his walk.


He NEVER wants to sit still and he never watches TV...so we knew he definately didn't feel well. He didn't seem to be running a temperature, just yucky feeling. He actually ended up sleeping all night Sunday, with is bed elevated, and I thought we were headed for better.

Monday - runny nose, 100.6 fever, not much eating, still yucky feeling. I was up every 1-2 hrs checking on him (due to coughing or whining) but when I'd go in his room, he'd be asleep still.

Tuesday - runny nose...but not as bad, fever down to 99.8, eating a little better, not much. Slept much better, only waking up once or twice during the night.

Wed - NO SNOT (that I've seen) since I got home almost 6 hours ago. No fever, but still kinda whiney. However, playing and eating better...so I think we ARE headed in the right direction now. We hope.
A few people have said maybe it's also been a part of his teething...we'll see. As long as he doesn't run a fever any higher than 100 and doesn't seem reaaaal sick, I'll just assume it was teething and/or a cold.

0 comments: