CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Apple Festival

Our hometown has it's annual Apple Festival the first weekend of October every year. I hate going (as does Ben) because it's a 2-lane road, Main Street, with tent vendors set up on both sides of the road in addition to thousands of people visiting and "shopping". There are lots of food related items with apples and then all the rest of the tents are random things such as shirts, homemade dresses, jewelry, woodwork, and any other items you might see at a "festival".

But even thought I hate it, I went twice this year. Luckily, since we live 2 blocks from the "big event", we can just walk. So, on both Friday and Saturday evening this year, Aidyn and I walked down around 6:30pm when the crowd has died down and most people are gone. I like going then because you can actually push a stroller and "stroll" up and down the street looking at stuff without being stepped on, pushed, shoved, or knocked over.

The first night it was a little cool, and since Aidyn was getting over a cold, I didn't want him to get sick...so I bundled him up...just a little, haha. He isn't wearing a snowsuit (I promise!) but it's like a one-piece GAP outfit. It's like a sweatshirt and pants all connected. It wasn't quite that cold when we left the house, but by the time the sun went down about 30 min later, I was very glad I had put this on him.

We didn't find anything worth dying over, but I did myself a peice of Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake dipped in Chocolate! Ohhhh....yum! Doesn't it look great?!?!?! It was worth all the money I paid for it - which was too much for it, but who cares! :) I even gave Aidyn a small taste and he LOVED it!

Ben also took him down Saturday afternoon to "bum around" for a few minutes.

They bought me a beautiful badge lanyard (sp?) for my school badge. A friend of ours, Sharon, had a booth at the festival of jewelry peices she had made. I love it and have had lots of compliments on it at school this week! Thanks Ben and Sharon!

1 comments:

Sharon Miles said...

you're welcome whitney! glad you like it!