CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fall Break

One of the perks of being a teacher is that each October we get a "Fall Break". What a great idea! So, this week I planned on getting a lot of work caught up and completed for my Master's classes. I also kept Aidyn at home. Let's just say "work caught up" and "Aidyn at home" do not belong in the same sentence, haha.

Here are just a few pictures of our week at home together.


Monday: Eating a cookie while Mommy eats her lunch. Yum! And yes, incase you were wondering, since we're on "vacation"...we are still in our pjs!


Reading some favorite books...


Mommy and I walked down to "Under the Apple Tree", a store close to our house. We bought finger paint to play with on Wednesday.

Tuesday: I helped Mommy go through a bucket of 12mo clothes to see what I could wear now. All of the hangers she took off, I played with under the dinner table. So much fun!


Wednesday: I got to finger paint! Well, kinda. I didn't much like the paint, so Mommy gave me some vanilla pudding with red food coloring. I didn't know what to do with it either...so I rubbed it all over my legs! :)
Then I got a bath....

...and broke out in hives.

Since that day, I've given Aidyn several baths, let him "play" in the finger paint, and given him a few bites of my pudding. He never broke out in hives and hasn't since that weekend. It's still so strange.

Thursday: Aidyn went to the babysitter's so I could actually spend a little time catching up on grading papers and assignments for my class. I didn't get much done. Oh well. :)
Instead, I picked Aidyn up at noon and we went to lunch with "Aunt Brenda" at Rocky's. Aidyn got to have his first peice of pizza crust. Yum!
Friday: Aidyn played with the boxes (aren't they always the most fun?) that has the rest of his bed furniture in it. We ordered the parts to convert his bed to the toddler bed and full-size bed almost 3-4 months ago and they finally came in. We were afraid if we didn't order it all now, by the time he actually needed it in a few years...they'd be discontinued or out of stock.


And he spent the rest of the day crawling all over the place, pulling up, and standing....at things mostly to high for him. Go figure. Playing with the clasp on his highchair seemed to be the highlight that day.

Whew! What a week! I had a GREAT time being off and staying home with Aidyn, no matter how tiring it was, haha.
Earlier that week my mom called (around lunch) and asked, "How's it going?" I responded with, "I'm exhasuted! I don't think I could do this stay-at-home mom thing anymore. He's wearing me out!" She laughed and said, "Why? You did it for 6 months!" Which is when I reminded her that, "Yes, and he was content to sit and look around the room the first few months and after that, I could sit him on a blanket with toys and know he'd be there when I came back in 5 minutes. Now's he's everywhere AAAAND wants to be entertained. There's only so much you can do with a 9mo old when it's pouring the rain outside and he's no longer interested in his toys." She just laughed at me, and in all reality...I loved it and was not ready to go back to work on Monday!

2 comments:

AutieRene said...

could it be the red food coloring?

Ben and Whitney Evely said...

Good thinking! I'm not sure...didn't think of that. I sure haven't given him red food coloring to play with, haha. The weird thing is that the same reaction happened out of town the weekend before - in totally different circumstances. That's the only thing that keeps me stumped.