CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Who's that?

Since all of our bedrooms are upstairs, we put a mini-fridge in Aidyn's room when he was born. This kept me from having to take many trips up and down the stairs to the kitchen and back when he was younger and eating regularly throughout the night. We also kept an empty bottle or two plus formula in his bathroom for the same reason.

Wednesday night, after his bath, I sat Aidyn on the sink countertop next to the mirror while I fixed his bottle for bedtime. I looked over as he turned, saw himself in the mirror, and started smiling and giggling. It was the cutest thing ever!

He's seen himself plenty of times but usually Ben or I am holding him and so he normally just focuses on us. This time it was just him. Since I actually had my camera with us, I grabbed it to take his picture...


...but like always, as soon as he saw it, he was more interested in me and the camera. I've always said I want to mount a small mirror on the floor in a "playroom" for my children. I think it's a great thing for them to see themselves and others on their level. Since we don't have a playroom, maybe I can get a smaller one to put in his room on the floor.

0 comments: