CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 16, 2009

Pureed Chicken

Gag!


I decided that I MUST introduce meats to Aidyn since we've been doing different cereals, oatmeals, fruits, and veggies for months now. He will be having his 1st birthday in 3-1/2 short months and he's got to be able to eat meat and other foods.


I've slowly began giving him small pieces of veggies, fruits, breads, and gerber puffs to feed himself. It makes life SO much easier when Ben and I go out to eat because now he can snack while we eat. He's happy and we can eat peacefully...we'll, kinda. ;)


I bought 3 cans of each meat the other day at the store: chicken, beef, ham, and turkey. Buuut, I couldn't make myself open the gross looking jars and feed it to Aidyn. Poor kid, haha. So, I finally broke down and made myself do it today.


When I opened the jar of chicken and tried to "scoop" some out onto a plate, it just plopped out like jello might. Only jello smells and tastes good, not so sure about the chicken. Blah!


So, for what's its worth...here's Aidyn trying his first meat. Be glad that I don't plan on posting about each meat individually, I know that makes you happy.


I tried the chicken first around 11am with some pears and peas. He wasn't a fan. I think he maybe ate 2 bites so I didn't try anymore and put the jar back in the fridge for later.




Luckily, at 3pm he must've been starving. He ate his entire 7oz bottle and then it was time for his food. We have tiny divided plates that I've been using lately. So, I put chicken, pears, and squash on his plate and warmed it all up till it was luke warm.

By putting the meat on first and then a bite of squash or pears, he actually ate the entire serving! I never would've imagined that I'd actually get it in him. (Thanks for the tip, Meg!) I figure we'll continue trying chicken this weekend, and if we so no reactions, I'll start on something else Monday evening. Yum, yum.

0 comments: