CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 15, 2009

Aidyn's first VBS

This year was Aidyn's first VBS...if you want to call it that. He didn't actually participate in anything since he's only 4 months old, but nonetheless, he was there. On Tuesday and Wednesday my parents kept him for us, but on Monday, Thursday, and Friday...we took him with us. Everyone enjoyed seeing him, talking to him, and passing him around. I definately wasn't hurting for a "babysitter" on those nights.

The reason I asked my parents to keep him the other nights, though, was because even thought everyone was excited to see Aidyn...he got tired and fussy each evening when we weren't able to just put him down on the floor to play or in a play seat, or take a nap. You can imagine how we would feel being passed around from person to person, getting hot, constantly being touched, and not being able to be put down.

Aidyn left VBS on Friday evening with 2 crafts of his own. I took pictures so we can always "remember" his first VBS, but I probably will only keep the shirt. :) Aidyn had a good time visiting and meeting lots of new friends this week. I know he will enjoy next year's VBS even more....he will be 17 months old then and hopefully walking/running around.




This "plaque" (I'm not sure what else you'd call it) is supposed to be a butterfly. The kids all used their hands to make the wings, but since Aidyn won't keep his hands still...Ben helped them put the glow-in-the-dark paint onto his feet. Too cute! I didn't even realize they had made him on of these until later in the evening when I noticed he had yellow paint on one of his toes. :)

0 comments: