CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Daycare Practice

Normally, when Aidyn takes naps at home, he sleeps wherever he falls asleep. This may be in his swing, laying on his Boppy pillow, in his bouncy seat (when he was younger), etc. When he falls asleep while I'm holding him, I usually try and lay him on a large beanbag we have downstairs. He doesn't ever (except for maybe once or twice) sleep in his crib during naps.

Once he begins attending CCLC (Cherokee Christian Learning Center) in August, he'll be required to take his naps in a crib. Because of this, I cleaned out our pack-n-play that's been being used as a blanket and baby storage area. Aidyn now, since Sunday afternoon, has been taking his naps in his pack-n-play. I figured it'd be a struggle and he wouldn't like it, but suprisingly enough, he's done a great job!


When he begins to get fussy or whiny, even if I don't think he should be tired, I lay him in the crib. He is almost always asleep within 10-15 minutes...and he doesn't even cry when I lay him down! This morning, he had only been about about 90 mintues but we acting fussy. He NEVER naps that soon, but nothing I tried made him happy, so I decided to just lay him down. He rolled over and went STRAIGHT to sleep.

I'm so proud of him for doing so well! I should've started this a long time ago. Instead of taking shorter, more frequent naps, he has taken about 2 naps so far every day this week that are about 1-2 hrs long. I definately like that better than several 20-30 min naps like he was doing beforehand.

1 comments:

Meg said...

Dominick just started taking longer naps too! It's much better for us at night too!