CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hungry Puppy

Last weekend, we went to a Crawfish Boil at some friends of ours. They live about 2 blocks from our house, so we put Aidyn in his stroller and just walked. It was 4:00pm in the afternoon when we left our house. Originally, we thougth walking would be a great idea. Ha...yeah right! With the sun beating down us...we were sweating before we even made it to the end of our neighborhood, haha. Coming home though, at 8pm, was a nice walk. Obviously, haha, because there wasn't any sun...barely. That's what I LOVE about summer. At 7-8pm, its still daylight. It's wonderful.

But on to my point for this post.

Gary (Ben's friend) and his wife, Sarah, invited tons of people over for a Crawfish Boil. When we got there, it was time for Aidyn to eat is dinner. I fixed his bottle and headed inside. Gary and Sarah have 3 big dogs...they probably weight between 100 and 150 lbs. 1 boy (Chunk) and 2 girls (Leah and Marley). They were interested in Aidyn, but didn't bother him. They're great dogs!

After Aidyn ate, he fell asleep. Sarah had since locked up the dogs in the bedroom so they wouldn't bother everyone...even though they really don't. :) Without even thinking, I sat Aidyn's empty bottle on the floor with my nalgene bottle.

Do you know where this is headed? hehehe

After an hour, and with a killing arm, I headed outside to let Ben have his turn holding Aidyn so I could eat. (Didn't even think about my water or Aidyn's bottle). The next thing we knew, Sarah came walking out the door apologizing and holding Aidyn's bottle. At first I didn't understand why...and then I saw it...

Do you see the nipple? Nope.

That's because it isn't there! Apparently, when Sarah let the dogs out of the bedroom, Marley found Aidyn's bottle. He had drank it all, but ofcourse there were "drops" still in there. Marley evidently started by licking the nipple, and then proceeded to chew on it. When Sarah found her, she had the bottle laying on its side and she was holding it still with her paw. She had completely chewed the nipple off and was sticking her tongue in the bottle trying to lick it clean.

All I could do was laugh! Sarah continued apologizing but I told her it wasn't a big deal. When Aidyn's next feeding time began to approach, since we didn't have a nipple (haha), we headed home. I wish I would've taken a picture of Marley with the bottle, but didn't think about it until later. Silly pup!

0 comments: