CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 22, 2009

Snow in June?

Well, no, not really. Or atleast not in East Tennessee. Although...I didn't realize we had Hurricane Season in East TN either, and if you're from this area, you know EXACTLY what I mean.

It seems as though all it's done for the past 2 weeks, maybe longer, is pour the rain with thunder storms and very strong winds.

When I was looking through pictures on my camera yesterday, since my disk is full and I need to delete, I ran across a few pictures that I don't think I ever shared. These are from a snow storm we had back when I was still pregnant and on maternity leave. Ben and I had been out to dinner and as we were driving home, we saw snowmen everywhere. Then, I got on Facebook and noticed my dad had posted pictures of a snowman he had built! I was soooo sad and jealous because I didn't have a snowman in my front yard!

(If I did post these pictures already, I'm very sorry...haha...just look over this post and don't read it.)

I told Ben that I wanted to build a snowman "tomorrow". It snowed more that evening, and we went out the next afternoon to build a snowman. Ben thought I was crazy and wasn't sure it'd work, but either way he gave in and tried helping me. The snow was sooo dry that it wouldn't pack enough to make a snowman. I was devasted and honestly thought I might cry, haha. Looking back, I think I almost did. I can remember Ben trying with all his might to get this dang snowman built...but nothing would work.



When I finally gave-up, sat down in the snow, and said, "I quit!", I remember Ben looking at me and saying, "Are you going to be ok?" HAHAHAHAHA

Apparently, I was more disappointed than I realized. I was ok, ha, but we never got the snowman built...or much less started. Maybe we'll have better luck next time it snows.

0 comments: