CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Not Us...

"It" always seems like it won't happen to you...

We found out yesterday that my dad's company, where he's been working for over 25 years, will be closing down in 2-4 months. They have gradually been laying off and "cutting back" for a few years, but everyone thought it would be another 2 years or more before they official closed down for good. I feel terrible for my dad and all the men and women he works with. Most of the people that are left working there are like my dad...they've been there most of their lives. One guy, that my dad was telling me about, only needs 1 more year to retire. So, by the time they close down, he's going to be short like 6-8 months. It really sucks!

I always feel bad and try to sympathize with people that I hear tell stories about being laid off, or their families being laid off...but now it's really hit home.

If you read this blog, please add my dad and all the families of Bosch Brakings to your prayers lists...thank you!

0 comments: