CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Babysitter...help!

Well, I usually don't consider myself a procratinator...but I definately waited too long this time.

Originally, Ben and I had to offers from people we knew that wanted to keep Aidyn when I went back to work in August. Those offers came before Aidyn was born, and so...I did bother looking elsewhere. Sense then, those offers have "fallen through" for different reasons. I go back to work in 2 months. Ahhh!!!!!

I know 2 people that work at an Early Learning Center that many people have suggested. They are on a HUGE waiting list, but I still called about completing an application. I've heard the list is MONTHS long, but hopefully something will work out.

We have a few friends that use a lady in town close to our house. I don't know her, but our friends (and other people we know, including family) go on and on about how great she is. She has converted her parents' old house into a childcare center. A friend of Ben's, whose son attends there, asked about openings and was told she was full. I am not sure if she is "full" for babies or just accepting new kids in general. Evidently, Ben knows the lady and is going to call her. Soon I hope. I HATE bugging him about things (or nagging would probably be the more appropriate word), but I guess I'm going to have to.

A friend of mine at work has a friend that's trying to be a stay at home mom. She lives close to my school and has a 7 month old. I'm not sure what his name is, but that means that he's 3 months older than Aidyn. She is interested in keeping Aidyn in order to have some income while staying at home. I called her and we are going to meet on Tuesday, June 16th. I can't meet next week due to bible school. She sounds very nice and interested. My only concern is that I know already of 2 weeks that she will be out of town once school starts. Not sure what we'll do then with Aidyn...ahhh!!!

I just had a thought! I think I'll call a friend of mine that retired last year. She keeps her granddaughter (1 yr old). Maybe she'd be interested in keeping Aidyn while this other girl is out oftown...that'd be awesome! I've known her for 18 years and also know her entire family...kids, grandkids, etc. Her oldest granddaughter actually called today and asked if I would be a reference on her job applications. They are a great family! To make it even better, she lives on the street BEHIND my school, 3 houses down. Yay! I think I will. :)

And I also think I'll start calling some churches and other places. I realize it is totally TOO LATE to be starting this process. But we thought we were "set" until a couple months ago and I guess I've just been hoping something would work out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will!

0 comments: