CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Family 5k Roadrace

The local UCHS Varisty Football team, that Ben helps coach, had their first 5k Roadrace fundraiser Friday evening. Since Ben is one of the coaches, he had to work the race instead of run or walk. My parents agreed to come and walk with Aidyn and me. 5k is a little over 3 miles.

Aidyn stretching his legs and preparing for the race:


The race started at 7pm and we (my parents, me, Aidyn, and two other friends) finished at 7:50pm...but we did cheat. Yes, I hate to admit it, but we did, haha.
I had on the wrong socks and a huge blister was forming on my heel. It was getting time for Aidyn to eat, and he was getting tired of riding in the stroller.


Our friends that were with us had their dog, Harley. He kept trying to lay down in shady spots and rest, ha. So...as we came around a corner and realized that we were not supposed to turn down a specific road like we thought, but instead continue on...well, we turned down the road anyways, haha. It's horrible I know! However, it was only 1 block "too soon". So, even though we finished in 50 minutes, it probably really should've been 60 min.

Aidyn crossing the finish line...0:50:51

Oh well, haha. Who's counting?

0 comments: