CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 27, 2009

Organic Teethers

You can't get much more "natural" than this:


Since Aidyn's been feeling bad, I can't decide if it's because of teething, a stomach bug, his reflux, the 6 month shots, etc. Because of this, we're headed BACK to the dr this afternoon.

But, when I was trying to come up with something I could give Aidyn (if it was teething issues), a friend suggested giving him a carrot to chew on. He doesn't have teeth and carrots don't "dissolve", so I figured we'd give it a try. To my surprise, he LOVED it! (Thanks, Aimee!)

I tried the net teethers first, but he wasn't a fan. Instead, I went back to the kitchen and got the rest of the carrot, washed it, "peeled" it, and just gave him the whole thing. And as you could see in that top picture, he went to town on it!


We keep a bowl in our refridgerator of teethers and now we've added a carrot! Once he starts on fruits, I plan on putting some apple pieces in the nets...or anything else that he can chew on and won't turn to total mush. I don't think I'll be putting a banana in there...maybe in the bathtub one night, haha.

0 comments: