CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 13, 2009

Sweet Potatoes

To try and help with Aidyn's bathroom "issues", I've decided to keep on with the vegetables. I didn't have any green veggies in the pantry (baby food types) today, so I went with sweet potatoes. We've already introduced avocado and squash for several days. Since potatoes was all I had, I figured that was better than more cereal...which only makes constipation worse.


My "uncle-in-law" (I guess that's what you'd call him, hahaha...Ben's uncle) - anyhow. His sister emailed me some GREAT ideas on how to make your own baby food. I REALLY want to try it, soon. I bought carrots and butternut squash at the store the other day to try, so I'll let you know how it goes. I plan on posting her "advice" as well later on. It's quite lengthy but so incredibly helpful!

But that's just a side note. So since I only had sweet potatoes today, that's what Aidyn ate.
10:30am - Bottle + Sweet Potatoes
1:30pm - Bottles + Cereal
4:30pm - Bottles + Sweet Potatoes
9:00pm - Bottle

I knew we'd be at the mall during Aidyn's lunch time bottle today, and cereal isn't quite as messy as potatoes. So, I switched those first two feedings. Normally, we do cereal for breakfast and then in the evening. For some reason, Aidyn WOULD NOT eat at 7:30pm tonight. All he did was fuss, chew on the nipple, and spit it out. I tried making very "milky" cereal, but he didn't want that either. After an hour of trying, I poured the bottle out. Finally, at 9:00pm I made a 2nd bottle, and after getting his pjs on...he gave in and at the whole thing.

Since he went so long, he'll "miss" his 10:30pm feeding because once he goes to bed around 9:30-10pm, he's done for the night. Luckily, he ate just about 5.5oz at every feeding plus the additional food, so I think he'll be ok.

0 comments: