CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 24, 2009

Peas

We introduced peas into Aidyn's diet this week. He's now eating cereal in the mornings (on most days) and then vegetables throughout the day. Each of these "meals" also includes his normal bottle, or at least what he'll eat of it.

We started with butternut squash, then sweet potatoes, and now peas. I plan on doing carrots next and then green beans. The reason I skipped carrots is because I wanted to get some fiber into Aidyn's diet to hopefully help "regulate" him. Oh yeah, we've also introduced prunes for the exact same reason.

So far, he seems to really like them all. After doing 3 days of Gerber peas, I'm not ready to go buy a big frozen bag and make our own. To be sure that Aidyn doesn't have any allergies, I start with the Gerber foods, and then if he does ok...I buy and make a huge bulk. I'd hate to make 70+ servings of something and then realize he's allergic, ha.

Aidyn enjoying his peas:

You may, or may not, notice that Aidyn always has the same bib on in his eating pictures. When doing new or "messy" foods, I place one of those large, plastic-lined bibs on him. As much as we don't care for them, they are SO HANDY when feeding by the spoon. I guess I need to purchase atleast one or two more. Since we only have the one, after a day's worth of meals, it tends to be pretty nasty.

1 comments:

Mom-mom said...

What a handsome little fella with his green mustache!