CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Squash...yummy!

Today we began Aidyn on vegetables. The sheet the dr gave us at Aidyn's 4 month check-up said to start with yellow and orange vegetables. Since I couldn't find carrots the other day, I bought a pack of squash.

I only gave him a few bites at lunch and a few more at his 3:30pm feeding. He isn't crazy about it, and I want to start out with just a little to watch for allergies or any other reactions. If I don't see anything by Tuesday, then I'll try feeding him more.

Since introducing spoon-fed ceral 2 weeks ago, we've been having more problems recently with Aidyn not wanting his bottles. He normally eats 5-6oz of formula with 2-3tsp of cereal mixed in. We do this to thicken his formula which helps with his reflux. But, in addition to this, we've also been feeding him 2-3 tbsp of cereal aftewards. About 1/4 cup, sometimes more.



When we were at the dr 2 wks ago for Aidyn's skin, Dr.Taylor said he would like for Aidyn to eat 1/4 cup ceral 3 times a day before starting vegetables. Well, he's DEFINATELY doing that! He just doesn't want as much milk. This worries me. He's gotten to where he'll eat 2-4oz of his bottle and so we just take what's left and mix that to make his cereal. This way he's still getting the vitamins and nutrients from the milk, just in a different way.

I know his formula intake will gradually begin to decrease...but that much? He used to eat about 25-30 oz a day. He has been eating 18oz since Wednesday. I'm trying to keep in mind that he's also eating 1/4 cup cereal with EVERY feeding also.


But anyhow...here he is eating squash today. We got on video at Ben's parents' house today but there's tons of background noise and it's hard to see Aidyn's face because it isn't real close. I ended up recording him again this afternoon so I could zoom in. He made some priceless faces while eating his squash. He's a big fan of it yet. ;)


1 comments:

Mom-mom said...

What a cutie!!! We sure enjoyed keeping him Saturday. Best part of my weekend!