CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Oh no!

Ben and I have been trying to catch the groundhog(s) and opposums that are living in the brush and weeds in our backyard. We successfully caught a opossum a few days ago. The other night I put a plate of leftovers (hamburger and french fries) on a plate in the trap to try and catch the other opossum. I'm beginning to think the groundhog(s) have moved or already been trapped by our neighbors. They have a garden, so I'm sure they've been more concerned than we have.

The next morning, all of the food was gone, but no animal. So...lastnight I refilled the plate with the rest of the hamburger, fries, and some orange slices.

Ben and I overslept this morning. As he went downstairs to fix his coffee to take to church, he came back up saying, "You aren't going to believe what we caught!" I was almost afraid to ask because I had this feeling that it wasn't good...

When I asked what, he said, "Corey's dog!"

I couldn't help but laugh. The first thing I said was, "Where is my camera?!"

Ben didn't want anyone knowing because he's afraid they'll get mad. Corey is our neighbor. He just graduated high school and actually used to attend our church and our youth group. I honestly don't think they'd be mad.

When Lilo, the dog, goes out in the mornings, she just runs around. She comes into our yard, plays, sometimes uses the bathroom, gets in our trash, etc. I felt horrible for her though! They usually let her our early to use the bathroom and it was 9:45am when we found her. It had been raining. She is a small dog and just got her hair cut last week. She is teeny tiny and looked so helpless and cold in the trap.



Luckily, I ran to get my raincoat (and camera) to let her out. Ofcourse, I had to get a picture first, haha. I think we're going to start putting the trap in the upper part of our yard...I don't think Lilo ever goes up the stairs into that part. Poor Lilo!

1 comments:

Mom-mom said...

Poor thing, he looks like the puppy from the grinch.