CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 27, 2009

Remember the fire?

Anytime Aidyn gets fussy to the point of "no return" (hahaha), we like to put him in the stroller and go for a walk. Yesterday, after having a good day and him eating all of his bottles and veggies, I decided to take him for a walk as a treat. ;) Aidyn LOVES being outside and especially going for walks. This time, though, he INSISTED on sitting up. So, we went very slowly. To walk 5 blocks and back it took us almost an hour! The sidewalks in town are NOT in great shape, or atleast most aren't, and I didn't want to hit a bump and Aidyn go flying foward.

We live in Erwin, where Ben grew up, and it's a very small town. It's bigger than some "small towns", but it isn't much bigger. Here is just a glimpse of the downtown area that's down the street from our house.


Side note: I have to admit that when we first bought our house and I realized I'd be living in Erwin, I was NOT excited. It was too small for me, 20-25 minutes from Johnson City where everything is and where I grew up, and...NO walmart! haha However, now that I like to get out and walk with Aidyn all the time, I LOVE it!!!! I would not be able to walk and go so many different places with a baby and stroller if we didn't live here. It's funny how things change.

But anyways...back in March (or maybe April...around Easter) there was a VERY HUGE fire about 4 blocks from where we live. Remember this?

As Aidyn and I were out on our long, slow stroll yesterday, I decided to walk up by the fire location and get some after shots. Here is a pile of bricks, all that's left from the building...


...and the empty, grassy lot where the building once stood.


And incase you were wondering, haha, you can also purcahse one of the "original" bricks at a home furniture store across the street! Aren't you glad? hehehe

Howevere, there's only two left (so it seems)...so you better move quickly if you want one! And it appears they're on sale, too! ;)

0 comments: