CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Aidyn's BIG Friend

In high school, I met the greatest friend ever, Aimee. Since then, she and I have been very close. We were in each other's weddings, have shared many life "lessons" and experiences together, and now will be sharing "mommy-hood" together as well.

She and her husband, Matt, live in Nashville now, but were in town visiting for Easter with their dog, Agnus. Agnus is a Mastiff and weighs 180 lbs! Being 7 months pregnant, Aimee has began preparing her daughter's nursery and their home for her June arrival.

Today, I left Aidyn with my dad while I went to lunch with Aimee and her husband. Afterwards they took me to a pottery place where we all painted pottery. It was a very fun afternoon and much needed "mommy break" for me. When we were finishing up painting our pottery, Matt began talking about how they are worried about how Agnus will react when Mattilda (their daughter) is born and comes home. Without even thinking twice about it, I said, "Bring Agnus over to meet Aidyn." So they did.

I had met Agnus before and have heard many stories about how she's a big "chicken". Well, she did GREAT with Aidyn today. She didn't even care about him. She was however, scared of the stroller and bouncy seat. As Aidyn moved and squirmed around, ate his bottle and burped, and even cried a little after...she would just turn her head towards him and then look away. When Matt moved Aidyn's stroller around the room and when I brought the bouncy seat downstairs, she growled at them and tried to hide behind our couch ottamans.

I'm sure you can imagine this 180lbs dog trying to hide behind an ottoman, but she wouldn't go near the things...until we put Aidyn in them. Then she would. As Aimee pointed out, it was like she was thinking, "Well...if they put the little guy in there, they can't be too scary," and she would sniff them out.

Here is a picture of me holding Aidyn while we were trying to get him closer to Agnus. She still didn't care one bit. I think she is going to be a wonderful BIG sister to Mattilda!

0 comments: