CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Medicine Suggestions???

Here is a picture of Aidyn's reflux medicine - Prevacid. It's a small pill. I placed it next to a dime so you could get a good idea of the size. Our "instructions" are to place the pill in a teaspoon of water for it to disolve, and then give to Aidyn. It actually tastes fruity...or smells fruity, I haven't tasted it, haha. But anyhow - he likes the taste.


I have been disolving the pill and then using the dropper to suck up the water. I give it to Aidyn in the morning after he eats a little at a time. Unfortunately, the meds doesn't complete disolve. It really actually just breaks down into VERY small pieces, like salt almost. Because of this, some of the meds gets stuck in the top (blue part) of the dropper. So.....I tried the "spoon" it came with. When you do this, the meds gets stuck in the bottom. He gets quite a bit, but there is usually a good amount left over either in the dropper top or spoon bottom. Ugh!

A friend of mine, whose daughter is 10 months old, also uses the same meds. Because of the quick disolving time, she just places the pill in her daughter's mouth. Obviously, Aidyn is quite old enough to do that...yet. But I'm wondering if maybe I couldn't break it up and try giving to him that way? But that worries me still.
Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated...THANKS! :)

0 comments: