CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Birthday!

When I was preparing to leave my 4th grade class in December, I was VERY worried about who would be coming in and being with "my kids; my babies". Even though they are 4th graders, they are like my precious children. Obviously, it isn't the same as my love for Aidyn, but any teacher would admit that you do care about your children in your class.

Luckily, before Christmas break, an interim was hired to take my position. She was able to come and meet with me as well as spend 2 days with our class to watch our routines and get to meet the students. After those few days, I was totally relaxed and felt great about leaving my class with her (Lisa).

Well, Lisa has been great just like I knew she would be. Beginning last year, I have eaten lunch with all the other teachers that have the same planning time as me on Fridays. We always order out lunch or call in an order that one of us runs to pick up. We spend Friday afternoons (the hour of our planning) eating a great lunch while talking about students, lessons plans, family events, and anything else that may be on our minds. It's a great "close" to each week and something we look forward to. Even the kids started asking, "Ok, where are you guys eating today?"

Lisa has been so welcoming of me on the days I have gone to visit or stopped by to pick something up or meet with the principal. She has always made me feel welcomed in my classroom. She also has been great for my kids! I had a few students that are "hard to love", but ofcourse they stole my heart. Luckily, they did the same to her! My reason for explaining all of this is this...

This past Tuesday was my birthday and below is the email I got from her:

Happy Birthday, Mrs. Evely!!!
Alan says, "You're a very great teacher and I hope you had a good birthday."
Michael says, "You're my favorite teacher and I hope you had a great birthday."
Noah says, "You are a top favorite teacher in the whole wild world."
Andy says, "When am I supposed to start baby-sitting?"
Lauren says, "I miss you and hope Aidyn is doing good."
Braxton says, "Happy Birthday. You are one of my favorite teachers. And I miss you."
Sydnei says, "I miss you and you're the best teacher in the whole wild world."
Brandon says, "I hope you have a good time at home."
Drew says, "Happpy Birthday."
Nick says, "Happy Birthday. And I hope you are doing well and the baby too."
Karl says, "You're a rockin teacher. And everyone misses you."
Jennifer says, "Why can't you & Mrs. Messimer both be our teachers & baby Aidyn be our class pet?"
Lacey says, "Hope you had a great birthday and we miss you."
Jake says, "Happy Birthday"
Challie says, "If i could rate you on a scale of 1-10, you would be a 100!"
Christopher says, "Have a good spring and summer. We miss you."
Isaiah says, "It seems like you are a good teacher, and I hope you had a good birthday."
Willie says, "You are a top 10 teacher!"


I was sooo excited! I responded back to each one and told her how grateful I was. This definately was one of my favorite "gifts"! Isn't it great?

0 comments: