CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 27, 2009

Mean Mommy

Well, it's official. I'm a mean mommy, hahaha.

On Wednesday night (last week) my right eye started to hurt. When I woke up Thursday morning the corner of my eyelid was red and a little swollen. Uh-oh...pink eye? My brother had pink eye about 2 weeks ago and so I was afraid that maybe I had caught it from him when we were all at my parents' house. Or...my mom mentioned that because it can be a bacterial infection, they're very easy to get (pink eyes) as a mom because of all the diaper changes going on. Gross!

I decided to wait and see what happened with it, but it continued to hurt and itch. So, Friday morning I got up to feed Aidyn at 9:30am and decided I was going to call the dr. Luckily, none of the doctors in my group had appointments available. The receptionists suggested going to the "Walk-In Clinic" supported by the doctor's office. She called and they hadn't seen anyone in over an hour. Sounded good to me since I could just go then and not have to wait all day and sit in a waiting room.

I called my dad to see if he could keep Aidyn while I ran to the dr. I didn't want to take him into a waiting room full of sick people should it get busy before I got there. He said sure. So I tried feeding Aidyn, but apparently he wasn't hungry. He's been doing that lately about once a day. So I went ahead and showered and got us ready.

In my hussle and quick running around to get ready ASAP and get to the dr, I forgot to give Aidyn his reflux meds. Yep...totally forgot! I usually give it to him around 8-9am after he eats. Since he didn't eat and I was worried about having pink eye and Aidyn getting it...I totally forgot to give him the medicine before we left. And when do you think I finally realized?

At about 7:30pm that night when he wouldn't eat and just screamed and cried. He hadn't had one of these "episodes" in probably 2 weeks and Ben and I were trying to figure out what was wrong. I felt HORRIBLE when I realized what I'd done....or hadn't done actually. I went to get the meds and gave it to him then. He still wouldn't eat, but within ten minutes he calmed down and went to sleep.

Luckily, I don't have pink eye though. I was in and out of the Walk-In Clinic within 30 minutes and the dr thinks I just have a stye. Since I was exposed to pink eye earlier, she went ahead and gave me drops. My eye is already feeling better and I haven't forgotten the meds again!

0 comments: