CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Playtime

At my first baby shower back in December, at school where I teach, some of my friends bought Aidyn his Baby Einstein playmat. I hadn't really considered getting it out yet (even though he is 2 months old) until I saw pictures of other babies playing on theirs from other blogs that I follow. So on Friday morning, I decided to get Aidyn's out and see how he liked it.

Side note: before I tell you about "playtime" on Friday, let me tell you about Thursday night. Fun! Aidyn usually eats around 9-10pm and will sleep until about 2:00am. Noooot on Thursday. When I feed Aidyn, I always change his diaper afterwards, put him to bed, and then I have to pump in order to prepare his next bottle. So the whole "feeding block" usually takes about an hour. Here was Aidyn's eating schedule Thursday Night/Friday Morning:
6:00 pm
9:15 pm
12:30 am
3:15 am
5:30 am
7:30 am
11:00 am


As you can see, he was up ALL night long wanting to eat. Due to his reflux, a few of those times he wouldn't finish the whole bottle and would want to eat soon after. This meant that during those 2-3hr blocks, I was getting MAYBE 60-90 min of sleep in between.

So anyways, when Friday morning rolled around I was hopeful to see how Aidyn would like his playmat as well as hoping it would entertain him for at least a little bit. I was TOTALLY exhausted.

To my surprise, he LOVED it! It sounds funny to me to say that a 2 month old loved a "toy", but he really did. I layed him on the mat with his legs facing the corner posts. He would get excited when the lights blinked or the toys rattled and would begin kicking his legs like crazy. When he did that, the toys would rattle again, and so the process would continue. It was halarious! After about 15 minutes though, he was done. I'm not sure if he got bored or just over stimulated, but he began to fuss so we moved on to other things.

When we got home lastnight, after his bath we showed his daddy how he liked his new playmat. He did the same thing...what a funny little guy! Here are some pics of Aidyn playing with his playmat Friday morning:


1 comments:

Meg said...

I'm sorry you were up all night! That's no fun.

But I'm glad Aidyn loved his mat!! So cute!!