CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day was a wonderful day!

Ben and I got up early, before Aidyn. Luckily, he slept until 8:30am yesterday. Ben needed to read through his Sunday School lesson he had to teach and I began getting some of the food ready for lunch.

After Aidyn woke up, I fed him and then gave him to Ben so I could get in the shower. The night before (when we were going to bed at 1:30am), Ben asked if I wanted my Mother's Day present. I told him no and said, "My son is asleep and in bed. You can't give it to me without him...it's Mother's Day, not Wife's Day." He just rolled his eyes at me and we went to bed. Haha. So as I was getting in the shower I told Ben that Aidyn had told me he wanted to give me my present before we went to church. ;)

Aidyn told me this while I was dressing him for church. His pants were just a little big, so we had to use the belt that came with it. Even though Ralph Lauren things run small (very small in my mind!)...Aidyn is 3 months old and this outfit is 6 months.


When I got out of the shower, Aidyn presented me with his gift he had made me. Ofcourse, his Daddy helped him out with it. He gave me a beautiful card from the both of them (with the sweetest words printed and written from my boys) and the best picture frame ever!

Last Saturday, apparently when they went "shopping", Ben took Aidyn to the local pottery place - the same place where I made Aidyn's football bank. Ben and Aidyn picked out a frame, painted it, put Aidyn's footprints on it, and left it to be fired and have the "message" printed on it.

I had no idea and so when Ben was coming home from class on Saturday, I called and asked him to stop at the pottery place and pick up the football. I asked if he thought he'd have time and he said, "Yea, I think so." Obviously, I didn't know that's where he was going to pick up my picture frame, haha.After church, we headed home for lunch. We took my picture with Aidyn so I would have something to put in my frame for my first Mother's Day.

After everyone left, Ben took a nap while Aidyn was napping in his swing. I got ready to lay down myself...and ofcourse Aidyn woke up. It wasn't time for him to eat yet and as soon as I picked him up he went back to sleep.When he finally did wake up to eat, I fed him and then gave him to Ben. Ben played with him and took him on a nice long walk before coming back home to watch a little TV.

During this time I was able to take a nice long nap upstairs...one of my favorite parts of Mother's Day, haha. I had a great day with family and friends. I just hate that we couldn't spend it with my parents as well...they were crusing the Atlantic Ocean on their cruise in sunny, warm weather. :) I've gotten a few text messages from my dad and it seems their having a great time; I hope they are. I can't wait to see their pictures!

0 comments: