CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Pre-Yardsale Sale

A friend of mine from church was having a yardsale today. She sent out a message that if anyone was looking for anything particular to send her a message back and she'd let us know.

I have been wanting to get a bouncy seat or something for Aidyn to sit in and play with when we take him to my parents' house. We have a swing at Ben's parents'. Luckily, Amy did have a few things she thought I'd like. She also said that Heather, a friend from down the street, was coming on Friday night to look through stuff early if I wanted to come also...before the crowds.

Amy has a son, Ty, who is about 2 1/2 years old I think. She also has a daughter, Kendall, that just turned a year old. Since Aidyn was born in the winter and Ty in the summer, not too many of the clothes "worked" since the sizes and seasons were opposite. However, I did find some AWESOME things! Amy's daughter and Heather's daughter were both born in the spring so everything matched perfectly for them with sizes and seasons.

Heather and I headed to Amy's lastnight and were there about an hour going through clothes. We both found some great deals! I bought Aidyn a bouncy/toy seat/thingy (not sure what you call it exactly), two pairs of shoes, some socks, 1 coat, 7 pairs of PJs, 9 pairs of pants, and 23 shirts. I spent $52.oo. Can you believe it?!?!?! The coat and several of the shirts even had the price tag still where they'd never been worn. Kids grow so quickly out of clothes!


I LOVE yard sales and shopping for Aidyn, especially at great deals from great people you know!
Ben is HORRIBLE at buying clothes and shoes and always thinking he "needs" something. My mother-in-law said yesterday if we weren't careful that Aidyn's closet would soon be more full of clothes than Ben's. I told her, "It already is! I'm afraid we're slowly creating a monster that will one day be worst that Ben when it comes to his wardrobe." Haha, hopefully not. But...if we do, atleast he'll be well dressed like his daddy - right?

0 comments: