CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Poll Results

I had a poll on this blog to see how many people that were reading it actually new me. Through this blog, I have found other blogs that I read and follow. So, curiosity got the best of me and I posted a poll for a few weeks. Originally, the poll was going to be "open" for a month. However, when I changed the background, a box appeared saying if I continued I would lose the poll.

I think the poll was actually open for 15 days or so. Within that time, here are the results from my poll:

Do you know the Evelys?
Yes, I am family 2
Yes, I am a friend 14
No, but I am a friend of the family 1
No, but I am a friend of a friend 2
No, I found this blog online 4

Since then, I have no posted a "counter" on our blog to see how many visitors we get. When posting the blog, the site asks if you want every upload counted or just "genuine" loads. It explains that if a reader were to visit my blog and for whatever reason "refresh" the page or end up back to it...then the counter would count every visit. Instead, I chose to count only genuine loads. This means that every visit is counted, unless the same computer uploads my blog more frequently than 3 hours. I could set the time to 30 min, 1 hr, 3 hr, 6 hr, or 9 hr. If the same person or computer visits my blog more than once within a 3 hr time, the visit shouldn't be counted. I haven't checked the stats though to see if that's really what it's doing. Either way, its neat to realize there are people reading my blog and following our family's story.

0 comments: