CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Progress...

After talking to Gloria today, I fixed Aidyn's 2:00pm bottle with 6 oz. The formula makes twice the scoops...if that makes any sense. 1 scoop for 2oz, 2 scoops for 4oz, and 3 scoops for 6oz.

Aidyn has been eating 4 oz for a long while now. At 2:00pm, he ate 5oz. I figured that's a pretty good start. The only problem was when 5:00pm came around, he wasn't hungry. He refused to eat. I tried again at 6:00pm, nope. Finally, at 7:30pm Aidyn ate. This time he only ate the 4oz. We were at the park watching our church's softball team play. Ben's mom was feeding Aidyn and we tried to get him to eat more but he wasn't interested.

He got fussy and then eventually went to sleep. He was supposed to eat at 10:30pm, but when we got home at 10pm he was fussy and ready to eat. I went ahead and fed him and he ate 5oz again.

Ben and I decided to find the halfway point on the formula scoop and make a mark. This way I can start making 5oz bottles instead of 6oz and then throwing away the last bit. I am going to continue with 6oz throughout the night and tomorrow. If he continues to only eat 5oz, than that will be our plan.

There seems to be a "magic touch" to the 10-10:30pm feeding time. For whatever reason, when Aidyn eats during that 30 minute block, he always sleeps 4-5 hours. Since he just ate 5oz, and it was the "magic" time, I'm hoping he'll sleep well. I'll let you know in the morning. :)

0 comments: