CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Teething Already?

A week or two ago, Aidyn began drooling more than usual. When my mom was over at the house, she was holding Aidyn when he grabbed her finger and pulled it to his mouth. Instead of sucking on it like he normally would do, she said he began chewing on it and trying to bite. She suggested that maybe he was beginning to teeth between the chewing and drooling. I just said, "OK", and didn't think much about it.

Well...that is until yesterday. Aidyn was in a good mood most of the day but still a little more fussy and whiney that normal. Lastnight was terrible. He screamed and cried for about 20 minutes until I finally got him to go to sleep. I put him in his swing and told Ben I was getting in the bathtub. I've been "dreaming" of sitting in a nice, hot bath for a few weeks now and just haven't seem to be able to for whatever reason.

I had been in the tub for about 10 minutes when I heard him start crying again. I knew Ben had him, and I wanted to enjoy my bath, so I just ignored it. Ben's a good daddy and I knew Aidyn was fine. Well...15 minutes later when he was screaming bloody murder, I got out of the tub. We put a little bit of orajel on his gums but that didn't seem to help. We changed him. We rocked him. We put PJs on. He acted hungry (it was only 30 min until he was supposed to eat anyways) but then refused to eat when I tried to go ahead and feed him. All he did was scream and cry. The ONLY thing that seemed to make him happy was a freezing cold paci.

We have a small mini-fridge in Aidyn's room where I used to keep the pumped breastmilk and now his prepared formula. I had 3 pacis lastnight that I was constantly rotating from his mouth to the freezer compartment and back again.

Eventually, after a solid hour of screaming and crying, he went to sleep - without his 9pm feeding. I held him a while longer and then put him in his crib where he slept until 12:30am. So far he's been in a fairly good mood and acting like he feels ok. I sure hope we don't have a repeat of lastnight. I told Ben that if he did that all day today, I'd probably be in tears when he got home from school.

Let's hope today goes better. Ben plays softball tonight at Winged Deer in Johnson City with our church softball team. As long as the weather is nice, I'm planning on going. That is, ofcourse, as long as Aidyn is feeling up to it.

0 comments: