CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 22, 2009

Tenure...finally!

As a teacher, tenure is an achievement that many look forward to. Lucky for me, I graduated in December 2005 and was able to pick up an interim position that next spring. I mention this because you must have 3 years of teaching completed, along with principal recommendation, to receive tenure.

Had I not been fortunate enough to have that spring interim when I first graduated, I would NOT have been able to receive this "assurance" of a job this year due to my maternity leave in December. Luckily, I had 1 month (yes...1 month) more than the necessary amount needed to attain teaching tenure. Phew! That was definately cutting it close.

I do not think I would have loss my job or that it would "be in danger" in the future, but even still...it is nice to know that now I feel "safe".

Ben and I went to a reception given by our school system yesterday while Aidyn stayed with his Papaw, my dad. When we got there to pick him up, I couldn't find them. I asked my brother where they were and he said that Aidyn was out back swinging. Swinging? Here is where he was:


My dad built my brother and me a tree house when we were younger in the backyard. It has a ladder climbing to the top and an A-frame coming out the side with 2 swings. We loved it and spent many afternoons and summer days playing with all our neighborhood friends.

My parents are now making plans to put in a baby swing, steps, and other fun "parts" so that Aidyn will soon be able to play on the treehouse himself. I can't wait to see him have fun were I used to growing up!

0 comments: